This propaganda piece was created by Citizen for a Better East County CBEC
This piece includes:
- Vote for Tasha Boerner Horvath for CA Assembly District 76 (2022 General).
- Vote for Melanie Burkholder for Carlsbad City Council District 1 (2022 General).
- Vote for Jordan Marks for San Diego County Assessor/Clerk (2022 General).
Received by voter on 10/08/2022 via mail.
This slate was created by a right leaning political action committee.
- Melanie Burkholder is not a Democrat – she is a Republican. Her opponent Sam Ward was endorsed by the Democratic Party.
- Additionally, Carlsbad Mayoral Candidate Keith Blackburn is not a Democrat, he is a Republican. His opponent, Michael Curtin, was endorsed by the San Diego County Democratic Party.
- County Assessor Clerk Candidate Jordan Marks is not a Democrat, he is a Republican. His opponent, Barbara Bry, was endorsed by the San Diego County Democratic Party.
- Carlsbad School Board candidate Sharon McKeeman is not a Democrat, she is a Republican. Her opponent, Michele Ward, was endorsed by the San Diego County Democratic Party.
Bowing to pubic pressure, the committee behind this mailer has agreed to no longer publish these dishonest claims:
East County PAC Agrees to Quit Sending Mailers Decried by Dems as Misleading